Friday, December 30, 2022

Getting to Know Ygritte

 Earlier this week my SartoriaJ order from April containing two female dolls, Yvonne and Elf Juliet arrived. I had ordered Yvonne in the discontinuation sale as I really love my larger Yvonne head and I was afraid I would later regret not getting her if I missed out. I've been taking the time to play with them both, Glenna (my Elf Juliet) will get her own posting at a later date either here on on my Glade blog. I haven't quite decided where she fits into things. Ygritte, my Yvonne is definitely a member of the shifter crew though and therefore more contemporary. This shot was the first wig I tried on her right out of the box. It's an Iplehouse blended wig, but the fibers don't hang naturally, which bugs me.


I may try to boil wash the wig later to see if I can get rid of some of the fullness and the annoying curve at the ends.


I wasn't 100% happy with the Iplehouse two toned wig, so today I went digging in my wig stash and found a blonde wig I purchased from SartoriaJ a while ago and decided to try it on Ygritte. She really came alive for me in this wig. I think it's a keeper, although it was extremely hard to get to stay on. It seems to be too small. I had to do a lot of tugging to get it to stay in place. This isn't the first time I've had that happen with a SJ wig. It's a bit frustrating.


I redressed Kieron also this morning and as Ygritte was waiting to get her time in front of the camera I saw them standing together and thought Hmmmm...............wasn't what I originally planned, I originally thought about Ygritte for Lobo (my Amber Beige Jude), but I decided to photograph them together anyway to see what I thought. Definitely some dolly chemistry going on. I'll have to see how things play out.


After photographing them together though, I think my plans may have gone awry again and Lobo may still be searching for his "one".











No comments:

Post a Comment

Winter Knits

 Long time, no post. I hope to remedy that in 2024, and become more active on my blogs again.  Today was a first step. I took some time to p...