Sunday, December 11, 2022

Melancholy

 I haven't spent much time with my mini crew the past few months, as my interest swung back to the 1/6 dolls in a big way. I've missed photographing my guys though, so decided to get Zayn out for some new photos this morning. There is just something really special about the Iplehouse sculpts, especially their men, that speak to me in a big way.  Add Lyn Raftis' artistic magic, and you get an amazingly handsome piece of art. Zayn, the Arvid sculpt, is one that Lyn worked her magic on, and he amazes me every time I photograph him. He's got quite a bit of a melancholy feel in this first shot.


And his nose............Arvid has one of the best nose sculpts out there in resin male land IMHO.


While I really haven't felt the need to buy many new resin men in this size this year, in the coming year I do want to make a point to photograph and enjoy the amazing dolls I have in this size range more.


And I still do want to add an FID size Rex to the mix, as somehow I've never gotten around to adding him in FID size and he's one of my favorite Iple sculpts. If I don't get around to updating this blog again by the end of the year, I wish a very happy holiday season to all those out there in dolly land, and an amazing 2023.










No comments:

Post a Comment

Winter Knits

 Long time, no post. I hope to remedy that in 2024, and become more active on my blogs again.  Today was a first step. I took some time to p...